Search Issues

GoldenMotor.com

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Hello all,
Either I don't know how to search a forum, or this one's not working very well. I've used commas between words, using single words....everything I can think of and I seldom find what I'm looking for. Example; in advanced search I type original, monark, fork and I get 20 pages of results. Put the same phrase in quotation marks with or without commas and I get the same result.

To be fair, the "other" motorized forum seems to work the same way. That said, every other forum I frequent seems to work fine.

I normally wouldn't complain about a free resource, but I'm about to start the parts gathering process for a BTR style motorized bike and my funds are limited. I don't want to buy a bunch of parts I can't use. I'm going to have a lot of questions and I suspect they've already been well covered here...no need to rehash them.

If I'm going about it wrong, accept my apologies for this rant. If everyone else has the same trouble, consider this a complaint.

MHF

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
no need to apologize. in fact i praise you for asking how to fish instead of asking for fish.

if you are having issues with the custom search you can use google directly to do a site specific search.

Search within a specific website (site:)
Google allows you to specify that your search results must come from a given website. For example, the query [ iraq site:nytimes.com ] will return pages about Iraq but only from nytimes.com. The simpler queries [ iraq nytimes.com ] or [ iraq New York Times ] will usually be just as good, though they might return results from other sites that mention the New York Times. You can also specify a whole class of sites, for example [ iraq site:.gov ] will return results only from a .gov domain and [ iraq site:.iq ] will return results only from Iraqi sites.
that isn't suppose to be a smiley . it is a colon & parenthesis

let me know if that doesn't help you & i'll see what else i can get back to you with.

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Thanks for the reply Decherence. I'll try that in the morning before work.

On a side note, I grew up in and currently live just outside Sebring, Ohio. There's a connection between here and where you live. Let me know if you'd like to hear more about it.

MHF

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i know about the sebring family came from ohio.
& the sebring car is named after the sebring race way that is so close that i hear the cars @ my house every weekend.