motorbike accident

GoldenMotor.com

Moose is loose

Nov 27, 2010
Harrisburg, pa
just wanted to c if motorbicycle accidents r common. my cousin and i were riding august 12 and we were goin bout 40 mph on the road behind my house when a car turned in front of us, hitting me head on and having my cuz slam into the quarter panel. cuz was fine but i got a broken and torn shoulder, broken ankle and knee. after i realized we were goin to b ok i began gettin upset bout my poor bike. just got done buildon it two weeks prior to make it to jays rally. had a clone racing go kart engine on it which was the only good thing left on the bike, the rest is in a u shape. put a new wheel on my cousins bike and it was good to go. anyone have any experience gettin hit and the car was at fault? got a lawyer n he says i have a case but i still have doubts since it happened with a motorbike..duh.

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
Never got in an accident but I know it is inevitable. I make sure to dress for the occasion. And also, I say sue the f&^*er, even if it happened on a go kart, and it was completely their fault, I think you have a case.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
I've been lucky to never get hit by a car. I'm always cautious because some people just do not know how to look out and respect cyclists

Kahlas

Nov 27, 2011
Illinois
No idea on exactly what the rules are in PA but in most states a properly ridden MB(some may require plates and insurance) is usually treated just like any other vehicle on the road. So you can be at fault or the person that hit you could be at fault depending on the circumstances. So if this guy is found at fault he should be liable for property and bodily damages.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Maybe send a PM to allenwrench as he was hit by a truck and ended up in the hospital. He can probably advise you on this. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was, but plenty bad enough. Hope you're well on the way to fully mended.
SB

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Maybe send a PM to allenwrench as he was hit by a truck and ended up in the hospital. He can probably advise you on this. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was, but plenty bad enough. Hope you're well on the way to fully mended.
SB
S'aright. Here I am. I read that you got a lawyer. That's good. Be prepared for this to take a while. Keep all medical bills, receipts, documentation, etc. Keep in touch with your lawyer, make sure he has everything he needs. Be prepared for the Respondant's insurance company to use every "stalling tactic" they know. If you're not sure what a stalling tactic is, don't worry - you'll likely find out. My accident was back on 8/16/10 and I have still not seen a dime, nor has my lawyer. We have recently resorted to filing suit. You may find yourself going that route also. I have been hearing that it is becoming a common practice for many insurance companies not to pay out at all unless they are sued, and then they will offer piddling settlement after piddling settlement until you have bartered your way up to what you need. I figure I will be lucky if I can cover my medical bills and my legal fees. I am certain there will be nothing left over afterward.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Texting abbreviations of all sorts are inevitable in any public message medium *shrug* It's the way of the world these days & has been for... roughly twenty five years now? Best not to worry about it I figure. ;)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Texting abbreviations of all sorts are inevitable in any public message medium *shrug* It's the way of the world these days & has been for... roughly twenty five years now? Best not to worry about it I figure. ;)
I don't disagree with Geoff, but I don't read them either. I just ignore those kinds of posts and move on.

Tom