Black rat with flames

GoldenMotor.com

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
GdAY Fellow Addicts

today i clocked 600kms on my cruiser/rat and wanted to share some pics with you.
the ride today was awsome from the hills to the beach and back, no problems , front wheel raises over long bumps and lots of head turns some good and some bad (bird lovers and loud bike = no good)

Very cool wind today and i think the engine actually ran at its best when it was hotter toward the end? interesting.

i am thinking of pulling down this bike and going for more rattness any advice or preferences?

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

Last edited:

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Looks like mine,least your's got an engine.
Bren.
Hi there Bren that's what I mean by more ratt I like the upside down handlebars Hows the ride is it comfortable? I also looking at lay back seat pole and Matt black finish?springer front end would be awsome but got to save up for those they're pricey.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Nice looking MAB... if it works`well for you, why change?
rc
Cheers bud , Yep I know the wiffee said the same thing but the fact is I would love to build another bike but can't afford it so I am gonna make some enhancements but I don't want to be uncomfortable just for a look. How's the ride on the laybacks and reversed handlebars. From what I've seen the stance is more of a racing stance?

May 19, 2011
Australia Newcastle
Yeah Ratrod,
Its heaps more fun with the hangers down,peddling is another thing but.
I want to make a more laid back seat pole where its nearly touching the rear guard. but when i was testing it i sat on the seat and put a ding in the guard.

Do you know anywhere in Aus where you can get springers from? Cheaper the best.
Bren.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Ratrod great looking bike :) good classic styling there :)
Cheers LS,
A couple more mods and then i will be happy to put it away for that sunny day ride, mechanicly its all good a little top end vibration but thats just me reving the nuts out of it, smaller sprocket will fix that but that aint gonna happen until i get disc brakes.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Yeah Ratrod,
Its heaps more fun with the hangers down,peddling is another thing but.
I want to make a more laid back seat pole where its nearly touching the rear guard. but when i was testing it i sat on the seat and put a ding in the guard.

Do you know anywhere in Aus where you can get springers from? Cheaper the best.
Bren.
cheers for that i'm gonna try the handlebars ....i dont pedal much anyway i like the blank outs on your bike that would be the ultimate if that was your fuel tank....with reguards to the springers i know Lowlifer bicycles in melbourne have tripple and springer good price too. i'm humming and harring over the 30inch strait tripple or springer two differrent looks low or raised both mad....

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Ratrod, maybe I'm wrong, but you probably have a lot more sunny days in Australia than we do here in CT :) Happy riding