4 stroking with filter on

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
well i ended up chopping an old hiawatha frame and put my old grubee gt5 motor on it it ran great when i took it off my old frame. stuck it on my new frame fired rite up.rode it rode great went to stick the stock air filter on it. and it wont do 20 mph it 4 strokes so bad.i tryed moving the clip nothing .it ran fine on the other frame with the same filter nothing been changed im stumped.take off the filter it screams

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I took my K&N style filter off and went back to the old stock filter and just put some good tacky foam filter oil on the element.

I took my so called upgraded filter off and found that dust had been going right trough it and into my engine........!

Only way I would ever use it again would be with a foam pre filter soaked in the good filter oil.

I live in the country and ride primarily on dusty dirt roads, the stock filter with the oil keeps everything nice and clean in the carb, cant tell that any dust ever goes through it, the high quality filter oil is the secret to having a good filter, run foam filters on dirt bike for years with a good tacky oil on them....works great!