Simplex Servi-Cycle

GoldenMotor.com

Bob Gurkin

Jan 1, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Well, I do love motorized bikes and am building an OCC Chopper for my nephew, but I do love Simplex motorcycles also. There is no place in here for discussions regarding Simplex builds so I started a site today to discuss all things Simplex. Nothin fancy, but perhaps it will be a place that will address Simplex problems and pride. simplexservi-cycle.com

Bob Gurkin

Jan 1, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Thanks guys. I doubt the Simplex site will ever have a large following, but hopefully those of us who love to work with the Simplex cycles will have a place to post our problems and solutions and triumphs.

little eddie

Jul 7, 2011
waterford, Mi.
i have aquired a 53 simplex, i am looking for any info on rebuilding the engine, mine is all original and the engine is not siezed, i've tried the servi-cycle web paige and no response, i even tried to visit the gentleman in dothan alabama to no avail, i need a repair manual or some info on anyone in the southeast michigan area i can go to for info or help. thank you, little eddie

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hello little eddie,
It must be pretty frustrating to not have the information key to what you want to do, but I'm guessing you'll find it eventually. Someone has a manual. Someone has already rebuilt one. But lucky you for having found and acquired a Simplex. How cool is that? Please post some photos and let us know what you find in your quest. One day you will fire up that motor for the first time... "...it's alive!" and you'll climb onto your time machine and ride off into the sunset. And it will all be worth it many times over. The very best of luck to you.
SB

RickS

Jan 30, 2011
Speonk, NY
Eddie, I'm almost finished restoring a 1953 also. Come on over to simplexservi-cycle.com and register. Wayne Mahaffey is the man when it comes to simplex parts, but if you tried to contact him in the last day or two, you may be out of luck as he is attending the vintage motorbike meet in portland, indiana for the next week or so. He has all the parts and manuals you will need to restore the bike.

Here's my 53:

Attachments

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
i have aquired a 53 simplex, i am looking for any info on rebuilding the engine, mine is all original and the engine is not siezed, i've tried the servi-cycle web paige and no response, i even tried to visit the gentleman in dothan alabama to no avail, i need a repair manual or some info on anyone in the southeast michigan area i can go to for info or help. thank you, little eddie
Hey Eddie, try asking over at:

Antique Engines and Old Iron Tractors on SmokStak

There are a lot of oldsters there and a lot of knowledge on older engines.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Here is my 49 fifth ton truck replica:

You should start a thread over here or the Simplex site on this one. I didnt realize it was going to be a replica I want to watch this one. (HMMMMMM wheels turning in My Head) I go over to Bill Ericksons site to drool over that red one he has!