Velo Solex 3800 muffler on a 66cc Skyhawk? Is this possible??

GoldenMotor.com

ckehlzx

Feb 7, 2011
california
Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to the site and this is my first post. I was reading over on the other forum about things to make my bike quieter and stumbled across this thread..

GEBE exhaust / muffler mod - Page 4 - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

A member by the name of beast775 has put an old Solex muffler on his bike. My engine is a bit different from his and was wondering if it would be possible to purchase these parts VeloCruz - Solex Motorbikes and attach it to my Grubee.

Any help is appreciated!

Cody

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Wow, I am amazed it works so well. I am building a Solex powered bike and was reading the speed mods(such as you can do with one) and one was to drill a 5/16" hole in the bottom of the muffler to improve the flow. The Solex only turns around 3800rpms so a hi-pro exhaust this aint. But if is quiet and doesnt kill your power-go for it. Moped Recyclers on ebay had some Solex used parts, might try them.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
This WILL kill your power. Don't do it. There are much better ways of silencing your bike if you want to make the stock muffler you have quieter or if you want to make an expansion chamber quiter, do it like this 2-stroke silencer repacking you can buy muffler packing material for cheap and it will make it much quieter with just a small decrease in performance