starting problems

GoldenMotor.com

Jakersak

Jul 25, 2010
Alaska
My 66cc was running fine and then boom, today it ran for a minute, then stalled. got it running again, and it stalled again. Then after the work the same thing. started easy, ran strong for a minute, then stalled. I think it's the carb but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jakersak

Jul 25, 2010
Alaska
thanks. Just ordered a new throttle with a working kill switch. And a rebuild kit for the carb so I'm thinking that should fix it. NOw that I think of it I'm going to get a fuel filter too.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Definately get a fuel filter! The rebuild kit will just have a bowl gasket and crap, Your's is new. Don't be afraid to take your carb apart to clean it out! Especially since you didn't have a proper fuel filter, tanks can be contaminated with all kinds of crap!

Have a read through Norm's Carb rebuild post while you're waiting for your parts:
http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html

gl.
cflg

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
no inline fuel filter is asking for trouble.
I prefer a paper element fuel filter to the sorry plastic screen type that some lawnmower shops sell.