Some OCC chopper Qs...

GoldenMotor.com

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
1. Where can i get the special mount for a 2 stoke? (besides the one guy on ebay). ARe there any which don't require drilling?

2. Do I need the really long exhaust pipe or can i just use the stock? If i can't where can i get the long one?

Thanks,
JMR

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I have barrys mount and i think its pretty good.There is another mount on ebay that uses u bolts but i heard they were ok and that they look terrible. You can bend the muffler or cut the tip and reweld it at the angle you need. im trying that today so i will tell you the result.Oh you can get a nice one from barry for about 75 dollars.

Bike Monster

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yup either order a mount from barry or if you have metal and a welder make your own. Like BA said a lot of the OCC is going to require fabrication of some sort for both the mounts and the muffler. I like Barries thunder pipe offa ebay though, I did the rest myself but I like muffler he makes.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I was thinking of getting the stock muffler and doing some bending so it will fit and work for now and then save up for that thunder pipe.

Bike Monster usflg
OCC's are the coolest bike ever!

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Um, conduit for wiring is cheap and easy to bend with a pipe bender, you can cut that one and attach the mount to one end and the muffler to the other be careful if you are welding any conduit, most of it is galvinized and you don't wanna breath that **** it'll kill ya.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I bent the exhaust pipe out and to the right. It works it does have a little discolor and some misformity but mine came with a heat shield so it covers it up pretty well. 8P

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
The exhaust worked! sorry it took so long but ive been busy and got to it last night now i have to do the chain and the chain tensioner

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
well since u have a chopper you might run into problems that i have
1. you will need a new chain i needed 5 feet of chain the best kind in my opinion you can get from Do it Best hardware stores, or online, or in any hardware store they should be able to order it i used #41 roller chain works perfect but you have to order it in 10ft sections (or at least i did)

2.the you need a small metal plate for your chain tensioner because the brackets are rounded for a round frame you need a flat on for the squared frame on the back

3. you might notice a rattling sound its the chain hitting your rear fender i had to cut mine out about 3 inches going long ways and 2- 2 1/2in goin up but still needs fixing to it

4. possibly chain might hit your rear tire i have noticed some rubbing on my sidwall of my rear tire

Last edited:

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
the way i did my mount is basically a rip off from the 'barry' mount i took 2 pieces of 3/16 steel and sandwiched them together to make them thick then welded them together to make one solid plate. the plate measures 4 inches wide by 8 inches long. the steel can be bought at ace hardware home depot ect . drill 4 holes in each corner of the plate and make sure the holes clear the frame this is where your going to shove your bolts thru. then for the bottom i used two 4 inches long cuts of angle iron layed under the frame with 2 holes in it to shove the bolts thru. an extra step i took at this point was to lay rubber on the bottom of the plate of steel and 2 pieces of rubber for the angle iron. after the plate was secured i found some scrap bike frame that the pipe were the same size as the clamps on the engine and cut off 2 sections at maybe 6 inches long. took those 2 pipes and loosely clamped them into the engine then took the engine into the frame on top of the mount and sized everything up,then welded the 2 pipes to the mount.

ive used this same design for 4 bikes of my friends now and they work great, there are tons of different ways to do one of these mounts and im not saying mine is the best,but this is how i did mine and i hope this helps

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Hey does a exhaust have to have a filter? or can you just get a bent pipe.
do you mean muffler? if so then no, you can run a straight pipe with nothing on it,but youll be loud and loosing back pressure. youll notice weird things like loosing your top speed but gaining bottom end and stuff.... eh everyone's got their own opinion on this. what i did was used electrical conduit found just about anywhere and cut my orginal muffler off and attached it to the end of the conduit.