building a morini pipe

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
mostly done with my morini build, down to building the pipe, since the exhaust port comes out the front it presents a challenge on my worksman. i soon came to the conclusion that anything i could come up with from my bender was going to look like crap unless i did the hundred pie shaped cone deal. really don't like that look. making cones for the chamber is no big deal but coning fo every bend just looks too home made. so i ordered some pipe doughnuts, this should make for a much cleaner looking pipe. link. MILD STEEL 1-1/2 in. DONUT - C76-560 at The Chassis Shop

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
did you build that pipe. prety nice. looks like hydro forming more than panel beating. i've done a little experimenting with hydro forming. heres a utube vid of hydro forming. i'll propably cone the chamber, the doughnuts are jus an ez way to get the head pipe around the front down tube and into the genral direction i want it to go. YouTube - Hydroforming

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Well my pipe I am putting together is not going on a Morini. Its a surprise. As for going by the Morini manufactures specs that's a great Idea.

Every one should go with the suggested spec's. Just like the inverter of the tuned 2 smoke pipe said you know when you got the pipe to the right spec when there is know place to put it. Everything in the way.rotfl That seams to be the hardest thing to do in these builds. Between that and budget. While on the subject just wanted to put two cool designer links. I have noticed that Morini them selves offer some very nice pipes. That would be truly the place to start.

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/javapipe_en.htm
2 Stroke Tuners Handbook by Gordon Jennings

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
take three or four inches off what gordon jennings says. thatll get your peak power right where you want it.