migargi rover gt

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
ahh, verdy excellent my friends... i had just mocked that bike up really quick so that i could release the adreniline flowing through my blood while i finish the kustom kruiser. at this point i have about 2200 invested and its too kool to turn back now-lol, yes, the sickness has gotten ahold of me. anyways, im tearin down the migargi for a rebuild.im switching over to a nexus 3 speed as the external shifter has failed me(abusive riding) and also i bought a set of mini apes/cruiser bars for it.i think im gonna make it kustom lookin-lol. as for paint im having i guess writers block but to paint. its hard enough pickin the right color, but then color cooridating all the parts right is another thing that gets me every build. perhaps i just have too many ideas... also pictured is a special thicker plate ridinrich machined for me a while back. did awesome work and really helped a brother out. dont knock the guy hes kool in my book.definetly how sickbikeparts could have made it, the torque from the motor was bending the plates due to only an 1/8" thick piece of steel. rich machined a 3/16 and a 1/4" one as well.also made me a killer sprocket.ill keep pics updated on the build, perhaps you guys could lend some opinions throughout the build. farout, rock on, ride hard, live free....

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
so, finally got this thing together.i had some issues, actually the whole damn build-lol. the jackshaft(right side plate is bending and i broke 2 chains.switched to a kmc 415 and got some luck.the wide chain alowwed movement side to side and stength.i still need to file it though.i was damn sick while buildin this thing in 95 degree weather at high hunidity. the clearcoat screwed the paint on the frame totaly, didnt even try with the tank. the nexus 3 speed is kool, holdin up for now. im gonna redo again come winter.the wald bars are kool for 10 bucks at niagaracycle, but could use some more lenght on the ends for controls.clutch lever is slightly distored on bars, but works fine.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I 'spose it's kinda a moot point now as they've upgraded to shiftkit model 3 (or four, I'm loosing track lol) but I'm wondering about your sideplate problems? The SBP kit ('cept the first and the new, completely different one) has a length of angle steel on the left plate (engine sprocket side) & a lil aluminum bracket on the inside of the right plate to prevent such flex. While I did upgrade the lil aluminum bracket to a steel one, I'm concerned that your flex issue may not be from the plate thickness as I've not had a problem with the sideplates at all - and I ride that 'un pretty hard lol

Is it simply one of the first shiftkits? It's not one of Dax's is it? Do you feel a "pulsing" when it's under full load?