Motor on Trike

GoldenMotor.com

Shrug53

May 27, 2010
Laveen, AZ
I am building a stretch beach cruiser and got one of those budget $150 engines from Ebay.
My question is this, I would like to convert this to a trike. How do I hook up the motor since there is no place for a center sprocket?

Many thanks!

Shrug53

May 27, 2010
Laveen, AZ
OK I am really not getting this. On a regular trike conversion kit, there is a sprocket in the middle for the regular chain from the pedals. I need to have a separate sprocket for the chain from the engine sin I can not use the sprocket that normally bolts to the rim itself. Please help me clear this up.
.trk

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i have three sprokets on my trike one that conects the chain to the pedals the other one connects the wheel axle and the other conects to the motor the people that built might be able to order one for you since they are the one that order my trike convertion for my trike

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
Shrug53 here is a link to a lowrider bike site that has conversion kits, some just bare kit, some kit with 3 wheels in 20", 24" or 26". I believe you may be able to add a disc brake to the flange on the right side (in the pic), it looks like the flange is provided for such a purpose. Hope that helps you out some.

Bicycle Parts