where to buy directly

GoldenMotor.com

Osram38

Jul 8, 2008
Hallo all,
with interest I am looking to all the posts.
I am from Germany where it is in the moment not common to add a motor on a bicycle, which may be also a prob. to German law :D.
But, due to the increasing gas prices it could be worth to study it.

For me, it could be from interest to get some adresses of reliable suppliers from far east or the US, to sell the products in Germany.
It would be great, if somebody may help me, on the alibaba sites there are some, but up to yet I didnt get any reply.

Greetings from the old world.

Osram

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The best price I got was 60 dollars U.S. per kit...but I had to buy 1250 kits at a time.

Welcome to the international bicycle motor site!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got 39.95 but they wouldn't talk to me about the number required, or the shipping cost to the usa. customs requirements or anything else... I gave up...

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Joe that was for a complete kit Damn if we had enough people to go in that would be worth a Grand to buy 1250 kits and sell some keep some. Just mak it a group buy. We do with Jeep parts sometimes to keep the cost down. No where near a thousand kits but still we get a heck of a break.

Guys something to think about.......I could sell probly 10 kits today if I had a Good price for them.

Greg

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah 85 grand was a bit much for me to come up with....and I'm sure that wouldn't have been the "out the door" price.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
dang, that'd be a decent profit though. Even just selling them at $120 per kit (hello ebay sellers) would net you a decent take.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI Osram,

Welcome to the group...while, I can't help you with the engine kits if you even need a sprocket just PM me and I'll do my best to work with you on that....

As far as the quantity of kits you need yo buy to get a price break all I can say is WOW....that is A LOT of engines!....As jasonh mentioned tho good potential profit but WOW that is A LOT of engine....Group buy would be nice but did I say WOW that's A LOT
of engines!? ;-)

Andrew

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
so if 75 people chipped in $1000, each person could get like 16 motors. Sell 10 to your friends for $120 each, you get 6 free motors and 20 bux to boot :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am in, but is a lot more complicated then just placing an order. There are many companies set up that sell kits in volume. I have gotten quotes for as few as 60 from tradekey.com

If we were to form a group of buyers, wouldn't it be better to order 50 higher quality engines, 50 fuel tanks, 50 thumb throttle's etc. Then design and market a kit from the ground up? With large scale buying power, it could be very competitive and locally available.

This little fantasy has kept me up many nights. (Dang!! I am getting old!! LOL)

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
You know I mis counted today when I posted but heck if there is potential to get something going. how do we go about getting started?

And andrew we will need sprockets, Maybe sell to order say i want a 36 but dan needs a 54 and joe likes the 42 why not.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The perfect kit IMHO, would be frame mounted. Have an already attached centrifugal clutch and doing away with the clutch lever, cable and all the problems with it including noise. Have 2 "V"s as a front mount that could accommodate any bike or sized down-tube and be secured between the Vs with metal strap like the china girls. Have a more then adequate muffling and be engineered and built in such a way that a one year warranty/guaranty could be afforded. ^5

Last edited:

Osram38

Jul 8, 2008
Good morning,

and thanks a lot for the posts.

For me it's not a problem to buy about 100 kits for a start in ebay and with a web site.
Quality has to be good and I do need some kits to have a few spareparts.
Prices of about $60,- are OK, If I calculate with the actual EURO Its about €38,- but with all the aditional costs for freight, tax and so on, it will be 1:1.
Here in Germany they sell 50cc Kits for framemounting at about € 230 which will be around 350 bucks.

It will negotiate for directsuppliers from china and let you know.

Greetings from Germany.

Osram

Osram38

Jul 8, 2008
:D

No, has nothing to do with the bulbs. some friends call me like this due to my red hairs.
But OSRAM are a good brand name in germany for everything in lighting, as you can see that VW is using them :)

Reg

Osram

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
We just need to figure out how everyone could pitch in and have the kits split up and no one get ripped off, and everyone gets what they want. I am going to be going out of town for about a week. No one do anything without me! Something to think about, if we decided to sell on e-bay we could check with eachother and make sure that we do not put them on e bay at the same time. This is all hypathetacle of course, but if we know that we could get atleast $150 for a kit on e bay and we bought the kits for less than that than whatever difference would be our profit. As long as we did not put them all on ebay at the same time. Just like if I had 10 kits I would not put them all on ebay at the same time. This is just a thought, also, this is not the first time that a group of people have gotten together and had a business plan. It can be done! It can not be that hard. Lets do it!

Last edited: