Great Shift Kit Mod

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Hi, It's a little hard to see in the pic but it's cut from the inside corner of a piece of aluminum channel. A 4" or 6" wide scrap will work fine. It just solidly bolts the right side piece to the rear piece that has the u bolts. It replaces the little piece of Alum angle that came with my kit with a monster version of the same thing. It makes the right side piece and the back piece act as one mount and makes the motor rock solid in the frame. I had broken a front stud twice and a rear one once. I'm sure it was because I have tried to get every ounce of HP out of my motor and it just twists things harder when I ride. These were grade 8 studs. Since adding this piece to the motor I have had no more problems. I used a chunk cut from a 6" wide channel I had to use a 4 1/2" grinder to relieve the inside just a little to fit the seat tube. I think a piece from a 4" channel that was just a little thinner would fit even better.

SkitMod.JPG

As the Alum channel wraps between the seat post and the motor mount plate it should go all the way to the left side of the plate. Mine doesn't. I'd have had more room for the bolts then. I used 2, 1/4" bolts in the rear mounting plate and 1, 5/16" in the side. It takes anyway the Motor "settling in and readjusting your chain tension thing". The motor stays just where you put it.

SkitMod2.jpg

Last edited: