What is the process in Mass??

GoldenMotor.com

junked

May 2, 2010
Mass.
I want to register the bike, and was wondering what to use for a VID #. Can I just make one up? I can't find a number on the frame.Also, how many digits should it be? I will be going to the Registry in Worcester.

Thanks for any help.

brnot

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
They will take any number as the vin as they do not reference them again the list of legitimate vehicles. My bike is registered, and i used the serial number stamped on the bottom bracket. Make sure to fill out the application twice, and bring it in with your $40, and you will walk out with a sticker for 2 years. Happy riding!

ailgup

Jul 9, 2009
USA
wait fill it out twice ???? one for you one for them ?mabey and where / how how you attached your sticker

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
I was told by one the the representatives there, that i should fill it out twice, that way they dont have to leave their desk to photocopy it. The application is the registration. They just add the necessary codes and stamp, copy it, and give you back the original. You will get back the completed application and a transaction recipt. Now what i also do, is Photocopy the 2 originals on to one page double sided and keep that with me. I put the originals in my filing cabinet. Since Massachusetts does not title mopeds its a good way to prove your ownership, and ownership history.

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
The last two I got stickers for one in Leominster and one in Lowell wanted a Bill of Sale and a picture along with the application. So if you fill out a bill of sale and get a picture you could save yourself a little time going back . Also be aware that certain criteria are not being meet.#4 meets all applicable standards for a motor vehicle. Don't mean to rain on anybodys parade, if you where a dot helmet and googes and don't act like an a ss everything should be fine. I bye the stickers for mopeds and buy a little leeway but I know I'm riding a motor assisted bicycle not a moped.