Appreciation of Alerts

GoldenMotor.com

Oysterville

Apr 20, 2010
Ocean Park, WA
I'm an admin on a busy outdoors vBulletin site that on a busy day can see 30-50 mod alerts. In the last 6 months we've changed our policy so that, after dealing with the issue, we also drop a thank you note to the person who sends the alert. If we take action, we tell them. If not, we don't and explain why we did not. We found that we actually get much more participation as far as alerts are concerned, and that helps us in running the forum. It also helps those who are doing the alerts better understand the rules.

We get over 1000 new posts a day and don't have the manpower to read them all, so the alerts from the community help us tremendously, especially when they happen soon enough that we can take care of the problem before it gets out of control.

-Dave

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dave,
In the rush of a busy day when about all you have time for is deleting spam, it's not always possible to reach out and thank the member/s who took the time to notify us. Nevertheless I try to show our appreciation by sending a quick PM to the member when I can. Thanks to your post I'm going to try to do better. I'm sure you're right about it helping with the alerts. Thanks for posting.
Tom