Central Florida Fun Run!

GoldenMotor.com
Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Anyone interested in a ride through Central Florida? We just went on a ride from Lakeland (Highland City area) to Homeland, FL. It was a great ride, plenty of open roads with little traffic and some in-town riding through tree-lined streets. When we got to Homeland, it was like going back in time to how Florida used to be, before the mouse moved in. It was a great ride, about 30 miles round trip. We're thinking of doing it again and wondered if anyone else might be interested. We don't have a date yet on the next run yet, we wanted to see who might be interested. We have a meeting spot that's easy to get to from the Polk Parkway and large enough for parking of anything, trailers included. We're close enough to Orlando and Tampa so you could come over for a great day of riding. Let's hear from fellow Floridian Motor Bikers!

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
Hi there, from Naples, FL. Your proposed Central Florida 'Fun Run' sounds very intriquing. About how many riders can you rally for one of these things? Are they all bikes, or do you get some motorated trikes? 'I ride a recumbent trike.' It would be great to have the wife and daughter trailer me and the Meteor up to Lakeland, drop the utility trailer, go for a fun ride on a clear sunny day, while they take off somewhere. I don't know if I could make it, but keep me advised of your plans...K?

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
We've got a space for the trailer and, I'm sure that we could probably pursuade my wife to do a little shopping at one of the local malls for a while, especially if she had some company. Just a thought.