Rolling Rusty

GoldenMotor.com

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I originally got this bike as part of payment for helping put together my neighbors motor bike, it was a 66cc grubee thing. When I got it, it was all rusted and I was able to save the springer, frame, and front chainring. I redid it in a ratrod style for a buildoff at Ratrodbikes.com. Rode it like that for a while. Then I got a truck just recently and decided that to make it cheaper for my commute to work I'd get a motor kit for a bike and chose Rollin' Rusty as the "victim" for the transformation. Got it Sunday and it was running this afternoon when I got home from work.

Here is a picture of it as it is now. I love it, looks sweet too! (Just started to rain as I took the picture)

66cc kit from a local dealer, 3/4 gallon tank, and Heavy duty rear wheel so I don't destroy the original Schwinn S-2 rims. Those are worth some $$$. Next paycheck I'll get a Heavy Duty front wheel.

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Just some new pics quick. Everyone loves new pictures...

My chrome tank sprung a leak and sure enough a whole mount bolt came loose. Chinese POS...
So now running the small black tank that came with the kit. Its all working good except when at a higher RPM there si a HORRIBLE rattling and I swear something sounds like its going to fall off and a knocking sound, like pool balls hitting at random times when I am running at a higher speed. Maybe its time to pull the engine for its first checkup.

Gets me to work and back, and to the autoparts store to get crap for my truck.

Anyhow, PICS!

In the last pic I am showing my laid-back seat post. Its one of those mountain bike handlebar things... Just cut off the angle end and presto! Its supported my fat*** so far so I'd recommend it to others haha

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I have a front drum brake coming in the mail now. Going to get that mounted up and maybe I'll even be able to stop! haha. Also had to replace the seat. The one schwinn one is fine when your pedaling but for riding it hurts the backside after a while. So now I have a newer seat that I have to clean the logo off of. But it rides so much better now.

dance1

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I had the front springer on it and it was working great but it seemed to be coming loose so I tightened the stem down and it seemed fine. Went on a ride to go to a bike shop further out there and on my way home I decided to take a gravel road. Been on it a million times before. Everything was fine until a turn. The springer came loose and made it hard to control, went down going about 15-20mph.

Front rim got bent a bit, springer is intact but all the stem threads are stripped, motor and tank are good. Seat got trashed, and my right side didn't fare to well either. Was able to get it running and limp the thing home.

Guess I'm taking the bus to work tomorrow. :(

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I have a fuel filter on it now, but I haven't ridden it much since I crashed. Front fork got messed up and it ride crappy now. Doesn't have that caddy feeling anymore with the nice quality springer :(

I plan on getting it going again and redone before spring comes. Find the springer parts, get a new chrome tank, and a custom exhaust. I'm 6'3 so this bike is a little small.

Lots of projects, my truck, my bikes, and now a 83 honda shadow I hope to be picking up today