Stretch Cruiser's Market/Shipping Price's

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Has anyone thought about ordering a Stretch Cruiser, then the shipping price you were quoted was almost as much as the selling price!

A fellow member/builder/dealer was interested in how they could get a decent price without being bent over on shipping price's here's what I suggested setup a wholesale/dealer/commercial account with the company's that are factory direct importer's!

Like these Factory Direct Importers:
Firmstrong, has a minimum of 5 bikes per order
Micargi has a minimum order of 10 bikes after that you can order them 1 or more.

There are many others who are Factory Direct Importers, just do your research google this bicycles factory direct importer

Here's my reply to him & his original PM.
Re: Stretch Frame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainmaker
I noticed You live on the east coast (me too) and use mainly stretches. I am looking for a stretch to motorize that I wont get killed on shipping. End Quote.

Here's my reply to him:
Chainmaker,

Good Morning you have to remember most of these Stretch Cruisers are coming from China via California, and they weigh anywhere from 60 to 100 lbs average just my guesstimate.

In order to get your bike shipping price down you'd have to have it freight shipped via trucking company much less expensive than FEDEX or UPS or USPS.

However most companies wont freight ship your bike unless you order 5 or more bikes, another way to help you is try to setup a wholesale/commercial dealer account with the companies that are Direct importer's companies like Firmstrong & Micargi.

Right now Cruiser Style.com has XL Choppers on clearance for $88.00 + shipping so you'd get an OCC style Stingray for right about $200.00.

When dealers sell a bike they add this shipping price right back into the selling price, they just pass it back onto the customer, average profit for a dealer when selling one of these bikes is only about $XXX.00.

Here's a few post's by other members regarding market/shipping/build price's for motorized Stretch Cruiser's:

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/black-sabbath-3862.html

Dan's Reply:

Re: market for stretch cruiser MB's?
Hi Spunout. That is a sweet lookin ride!

Just my way of doing one at a time or specialty orders is a flat 20% on top and look for the best deal.

If ordered at one unit at a time, I first try to work a deal with the distributor. Is very true, almost any one will negotiate (sp, I am so far off even google is going "what?") a bit even if they are not selling you 1,000 units at first. The hope of bigger sales to you later is cause enough to get most folks to at least talk to you. If you get the price down the 20% then add it as your commission, your in line with the market and keeping a roof over you and yours.

The 20% rule is my own and not in any way an accepted standard by any one but me. I am as bad at math as I am with spelling.

Twowalks Reply:

Re: market for stretch cruiser MB's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunout View Post

so....in your opinions, what do you think a fair price would be?
I would not think in terms of "fair Price", I would think in terms of "Demand".

People do not know a lot about these bikes. when they see them, they are a novelty item at best. If you say it costs $1200.00 you will 90% of the time get a reply like "Oh that much".

If you tell them its $475.00, you will get more replies like "I gotta have one."

Bike $160 - Engine kit $200 - Mark up 30% = $466.00

Now cut a deal on the bike and engine kits to lower initial costs and you have your profit. Do more expensive bikes on order!!!

Let me know if helps I'll try to help you more if I can!

Peace Crazy Horse.