BlackBomber HF 2 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Just noticed the new MTB/Road, Cruiser etc boards to post on! Cool!

So I'm buildin' sum'm I can't wait to ride!

Heavy Duty Everything! Wheels Deore w/ 11g and double wall aluminum rims. FBC Engine mount (not finished, will bevel ends); the driven pulley bearing carrier will be beveled as well. No idlers necessary as both are adjustable center to center.

I anticipate wheelie poppin' low end and road racin' top. Wheel see! Wish me luck! Test rides Tues hopefully.

.wee.

Attachments

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
wow...im antisipating allot of low end....(cant spell multisylable words).....tell us how it goes...oh watch you shoe laces and pant legs on those belts....good luck

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
tell us how that cvt works out....kinda reminds me of those jr drag cars....way cool...how many rpms is that clutch set for and when does the rear pulley open all the way up...im interested

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks for the comps and the wow's (Words of Warning)! There'll be some guards of some sort but when your motorin' don't press your ham or dangle the fruit basket into spinning parts! Basically pedal assist is going to be completely voluntary so when motoring I think I'll find the most comfortable and safe position.

The clutch, I believe is set to start engagement at 1850 and the driven is adjustable to 4 different settings of bias toward low or hi speed.

I get a "hypathetical" top speed of 27mph in Lo and an equally, but for completely different reasons, "hypathetical" top speed of 64mph in Hi.

That said my one spd HF is 1.8:1 at the GB and 5.3:1 FinalDrive. This is 3.3-1.4:1 GB and 5.3:1 FD. So it is way lower and significantly taller than my 40mph single speed.

P.S. Should test today or tomorrow pics and hopefully (if it doesn't blow up, haha) vids!

Good Lookin' Out! Thanks, Evan

Last edited:

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Great workmanship!
If you left the governor on, you are not likely to wreck anything. I have the same engine and it is a sweetheart. No a powerhouse but nice.

conabree

Feb 21, 2010
Montreal
:) Tyr, pleease tell me where you got this motor. The sound, speed and size is exactly what i'm looking for. also, what's the displacement?

-The stranger

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It's a Harbor freight 79cc 2.5 hp Honda clone. Retails for 109.99 but you can often get it on sale fore 89.99 and w/ coupon even less.

conabree

Feb 21, 2010
Montreal
great! is there any place that sells them online? And does it come with the rear sprocket? or have you fabbed your own?

Thanks!

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Gotta hand it to you Evan....its great to watch you guys prove out some theories Ive had about the HF engines and the torque convertor drives. Youve done a great job with that and Im impressed with the result. Congrats on a job well done. I had to look twice at the way you have the drive/driven mounted but hey, what ever works. Again, great job.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey Thanks YB!

This particular motor's not pullin well so I'm swappin' it out today and we'll find out what she's really made of!

Designed like that so there're no tensioners.

Thanks again, Evan.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
conabree,

We'll be sellin'em when we prove the concept. These are prototypes. The bearings, pulleys and clutch are avail. online. The motor is avail from Harbor Freight.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Updates,

Runnin much better gonna try a smaller drive sprocket on the final and I think we'll get more top end. The motor is runnin good but I think the final is too tall so when the drive shifts to hi gear it's hard to pull.

As of tonight it's takin' off pretty quick and on the flats it'll do 30-35 easy, starts up hills w/ no problem but slow going at 15-20. So I believe that if I lower the final drive ratio the motor will be able to better find it's powerband both w/ super torquey take offs and a fast top speed!

This is truly exciting, the drive runs smooth and completely silent no flexing or weirdness w/ the shafts, bearings etc. It just works.