CNS Main Jet Removel

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you got it out find out what the dia of the hole is first so you will know which way to go on size, I use the shank of the micro drill bits to measure the jet hole size first. solder it shut then to make it richer go one size larger in dia leaner one size smaller.
Some of the members won't do the soldering thing, I do it works fine for me. for the cost of a couple of jets you can buy a set of micro drills and the pin vice to hold the micro drills in and the pin vice is the hand powered drill used to drill the solder out in the jet. no need for a bunch of unusable jets laying around. You will be able to re size most any carb jet with the bits.
If you buy the micro bit be sure to buy the pin vice the drill bits are so small they won't fit a chuck on an electric drill, you will break the tiny bits using a electric drill anyway.
Some of the bits are the size of a hair the pin vice is the only tool to use on the bits.
Pin vice can be purchased at the better hobby shops
micro drill too.
you can also find both tools at some gun shows,gives you an excuse to go look at the guns.
I'd sure like to get one of these ak-47s, no wait a 50 cal. rifle,no wait a rugger 10.22.
last time I went I bought a taser for the nasty dogs.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Main jets are brass or some kind of brass alloy I think.
I use acid flux and what ever solder I happen to have no need for silver solder.
I use a propane torch if your soldering iron will get the main jet hot enough then I see no reason not to use a soldering iron.
It don't take much heat to get the main jet hot,you just want to solder the hole shut and not glob
solder all over the jet.