4-stroke transmission help, from a 2-stroker

GoldenMotor.com

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi guys, I recently got this engine for free. I am a 2-stroker and dont know much about theese 4-stroke engines. The guy, a dealer actually, said the transmission needed to be fixed. I got this engine and a bag of parts. Can you please guide me?
I have tried some things out and noticed the big wheel and the small one on the pin fits (pic: the last bag photo), but how do I put it together? Do I have to losen the other one up...?

All answers will make me happy. Whats the name of the engine etc? If I fix this I will surprise/shock my 70 year old father by mounting it on his bike. The last pic shows parts in the bag who was said to be the spare parts I needed plus extra parts.

Attachments

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Looks like a Huasheng 4 stroke with a Hoot gear box to me. Putting the gear box back together shouldn't be that hard as long as nothing is damaged.

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Looks like a Huasheng 4 stroke with a Hoot gear box to me. Putting the gear box back together shouldn't be that hard as long as nothing is damaged.
Thank you for the name of the engine! I haven't had anything to do with 4-strokers before, at all.
Please tell me how to put those pieces together! Do I have to unscrew something in the pics in order to replace the other wheels?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The 4 strokers are great. You'l really like em. Linnix did a great thread on your GB; http://motorbicycling.com/f37/my-hoot-gearbox-survival-method-13070.html

Has good pics and information. I have never owned a hoot so can't be of much help.

They have a rough reputation, but for free, Wohoo, score. The HS engine is really good and should serve you well for years. If your GB fails, there are a few you can buy that will bolt right up. You need wide cranks. The HS and Honda with GBs are wider then the 2 stroke kits. Really is easier to just pull up to a gas pump. The power, smooth and speed are great pluses too. (Not saying I am a bigger fan of 4 strokes over 2's. Enjoy em both)

Great score Mekano. Post pics of your build

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
The 4 strokers are great. You'l really like em. Linnix did a great thread on your GB; http://motorbicycling.com/f37/my-hoot-gearbox-survival-method-13070.html

Has good pics and information. I have never owned a hoot so can't be of much help.

They have a rough reputation, but for free, Wohoo, score. The HS engine is really good and should serve you well for years. If your GB fails, there are a few you can buy that will bolt right up. You need wide cranks. The HS and Honda with GBs are wider then the 2 stroke kits. Really is easier to just pull up to a gas pump. The power, smooth and speed are great pluses too. (Not saying I am a bigger fan of 4 strokes over 2's. Enjoy em both)

Great score Mekano. Post pics of your build
thanks for the reference. yes the gearbox is very easy to assemble. you will see. make sure you use some red loctite on the large gear though or it can slip of the shaft and grind all its teeth off

Orlamy

Jun 11, 2009
Kendall, Florida
:-||Hello,
I bought one of those kits last year and had it running. It was noisy and after 15 minutes the center gear broke some teeth and was useless. The dealer had no spares, gave me the run around and never replaced it. I build a drive made of belt pulleys with a centrifugal clutch and what was left of the kit and is running today. I have drawings of my setup if you need them. It will take some mechanical ability, money, time and tools to build it. Good Luck!!!

http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/Waa.gif