ocean pacific cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Built one for a friend. Don't know what kit. The tank fit. Rear wheel problems.
Got a Raw kit and tried it on one.I did not like the way the engine sat in the frame. Rear wheel was messing up. The top bar was not made for mounting tanks. The curve seems to make it need extension or barrel nuts. Its just a bike with hole in the frame now.
Sure rides nice.

roginc

Jul 31, 2010
Memphis
here is a complete build
macattie88,

I saw your review on the Walmart dot com website and bought this bike because of the coast and reviews. When I saw your post I knew I had to have this bike.

I am having problems mounting the engine. What type of brackets did you use? Do you have any Pics I can see of how you mounted this.

Thanks

roginc

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
has anyone had any experience with the op cruiser sold at walmart?it looks good and the price is right.
looks really good to me. unfortunately, the womens version didnt have enough room for an engine. i tried many bikes before settling on a boys 24" cranbrook for my wife.

don't suppose anyone's found a decent womens bike for an engine? my wife loves pink and it would be good to have a rack behind the seat for the gas tank and a bar over the engine for safety...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Time to spray paint sumthen pink:D

I got a Pacific Cruiser here have not done anything with it yet. I want to offset the motor and run fat tires. There loads of room in the frame for bigger tires. Then for the classic look gonna need springer forks for sure!

I was pretty impressed with this frame it is a bit larger so the peddles are not directly under ya. Plus the peddles were just a bit forward. The frame looks quit strong too.

roginc

Jul 31, 2010
Memphis
O.k. here it is. "Nothing but Trouble." I still have some small issues to work out but I wen t for a 20 Mile ride today and had a blast.

Attachments

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Yeah, looks like a decent setup. I see you had to go custom with front & rear mount.

It's too bad they didn't make them with gears.

You understand the issues and don't need any help with anything?

roginc

Jul 31, 2010
Memphis
Yeah, looks like a decent setup. I see you had to go custom with front & rear mount.

It's too bad they didn't make them with gears.

You understand the issues and don't need any help with anything?
Ya I had to do custom mounts I will put some pics up to show what I did. I have 2 issues left.

1) Chain is rubbing back tire. I have the chain and sprocket aligned but the chain keeps rubbing the tire. Not sure how to fix this yet.

2) The main chain slipping off the back sprocket. I noticed yesterday that the back tire was moving forward. Not sure how to fix this yet either.

These are the last 2 issues I am having. Any suggestions?

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
I changed rear rim add a narrower tire to mine. Also added a front brake after the chain came off from pedal sprocket to rear. The new rim had a bit larger sprocket. Seems all problems went away. It handles Great !

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
I'd definitely recommend getting rid of that chain tensioner and removing links to make the engine chain the correct length. That may get rid of your drive chain issue... Tighten the rear wheel nuts better and it shouldn't creep.

As for the chain on the tire, are you sure your wheel is centered properly?

roginc

Jul 31, 2010
Memphis
Ok. Fixed the issues. I hope.

I moved the back tire back as far as i could. Made it real tight. This seems to have fixed the tire rubbing. Not sure why but not rubbing anymore.

Anyone put a springer on this bike yet?

Ya I had to do custom mounts I will put some pics up to show what I did. I have 2 issues left.

1) Chain is rubbing back tire. I have the chain and sprocket aligned but the chain keeps rubbing the tire. Not sure how to fix this yet.

2) The main chain slipping off the back sprocket. I noticed yesterday that the back tire was moving forward. Not sure how to fix this yet either.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/operation-op-first-build-progress-20028.html
i made some mods to the chain ideler ,,, but i am working on mine ,,,, ill get more pics -- soon i hope

Last edited:

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I've been working on an OP for months. It's slow going because of financial issues, but it's nearly ready to ride. I don't want to post pics yet, not until my home built in-frame gas tank is painted and installed.

All the pics you guys have posted look pretty good too. Roginc, I'd love to see a close-up pic of you're engine mounts.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Nice looking bike. I had to dish the rear wheel on a Giant Simple Seven a few months ago because the chain rubbed the tire. I just loosened all the left hand spokes a few turns and tightened the right hand spokes the same number of turns. A little truing and I gained 1/4" of clearance. I also removed all the gearing and installed a BMX freewheel. Now it's just Simple.

roginc

Jul 31, 2010
Memphis
Your wish...

I used AMERICAN VALVE Galvanized Split Ring Hanger. Don't remember the size but I had to get 2 different sized, one for the front and one for the back. I think it might have been an 1" for the back and 1 1/4" for the back.

Get the right size bolt and nut with a washer and lock washer.

I had to make a strong plate to attach it to for the back mount and I used some JB weld on the washer and nut area because the mount was creeping due of the vibrations. I also attached the large mount that came with the kit to the front to help make it more stable.

roginc

I've been working on an OP for months. It's slow going because of financial issues, but it's nearly ready to ride. I don't want to post pics yet, not until my home built in-frame gas tank is painted and installed.

All the pics you guys have posted look pretty good too. Roginc, I'd love to see a close-up pic of you're engine mounts.

Attachments

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Your wish...

I used AMERICAN VALVE Galvanized Split Ring Hanger. Don't remember the size but I had to get 2 different sized, one for the front and one for the back. I think it might have been an 1" for the back and 1 1/4" for the back.

Get the right size bolt and nut with a washer and lock washer.

I had to make a strong plate to attach it to for the back mount and I used some JB weld on the washer and nut area because the mount was creeping due of the vibrations. I also attached the large mount that came with the kit to the front to help make it more stable.

roginc
Like Perry Mason used to say"I rest my case" Kip.

artcfartc

Aug 17, 2011
Oak Cliff, TX (Dallas)
I have this Op Cruiser with an 80cc 2 stroke. The bearing in the back wheel could not hold up to going 30mph for very long. One of them appears to have melted. This caused the rear wheel to lock up while going 30. Pretty freakin' scary, but I managed not to lose control. I now have a '60's American made wheel on the bike.

Attachments