The Most Stable Medium!

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hello, I wanted to share my knowledge here in the engine mount section. I've been through it all, stripped studs, snapped brackets, and oh, the ever torturous engine tilt. If you have this problem, when the engine is tilting to the left because the mounts keep slipping, then I have your solution!!! This will not allow your engine to tilt anymore, and also doubles as a vibration reducer! If you have Nylock nuts on your engine mounts, then once you use this stuff, you'll have no more worries. :) So here it is. It's non-slip mat, I got it at a dollar store for a buck. It comes in a long roll, so for a buck you can mount thirty or more engines before you need to buy another roll! Here is a couple pictures, and a link to a video where you can see it also. :) I hope this helps you all, good luck, and ride safe!

Video: VID2000166.flv video by ADDICTED-BICYCLE-CUSTOMS - Photobucket

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I really advise people not to use any kind of vibration dampers between the engine & frame; because anything that is soft enough to dampen the vibrations will eventually wear down over time & cause problems.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I agree, everything seems to fail. However, so far, I haven't had to make a single adjustment to my engine mounts. No loose nuts, no change in vibration, no slippage to the left or right. My chain tension has remained constant, and other than the screw holding the small sprocket on the inside right of the engine coming loose twice, I've had absolutly no problems. It's a record for me, I usually break down once every other day! It's been two weeks or something like that since the last breakdown. So far, the non-slip mat is the way to go, it's lasted longer than anything else I've tried. Perhaps it may fail eventually, but it doesn't seem to be loosing anything so far. :)

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
that's a good idea. You sais it's from the dollar store. how much dose it cost? LOL just kidding that is a good idea. on the bike i have now i used leather from an old tool pouch. I will let you know how it holds up over time