Hornswaggled

GoldenMotor.com

Undertaker68

Sep 11, 2009
Indiana
Well I think I have been Hornswaggled. I bought what I thought was a Whizzer and it turns out to be something called a Cruizzer or a Cyclone. I guess someone had taken the decals off of the Cruizzer or Cyclone and put the Whizzer decals on it. I called the Company and they confirmed it. The good news is that all the parts are the same. Does anyone know anything about the Cruizzers or the Cyclones? The older gentleman I purchased from said he was the second owner and I really don't think he knew. The bike looks great and runs great. If someone does know anything let me know, :-||:-||:-|| thanks.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Undertaker, there were about 800 of those bikes, which started out their lives as Whizzers, in the Whizzer factory in Taiwan. They got moved sideways, with the names changed to a couple of other Dealers, who sold them off.

So they Are/Are not Whizzers, which is to say, in every way except legally, they are Whizzers. The way I understand it, the serial number ranges of the "Clones" does not fall into the DOT list of Whizzers, so for licensing purposes, it is not a Whizzer.

The only parts of a Cruzzer, or Cyclone that are not completely interchangeable with a WC-1 Whizzer, are the name-tags.

If you got a good buy on that bike, you got a good deal. Now, IF that engine has not been upgraded, it will need the cylinder upgrade, as do all of the WC-1 Whizzers, and those parts are getting scarce.

Mike

Undertaker68

Sep 11, 2009
Indiana
Thank you MotorbikeMike. I was worried. So it started out as a Whizzer in the factory and got its nameplate changed somewhere along the way and then had it changed again. Who was responsible for the nameplate changes where these done by dealers. Thanks for your help.

Jason

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Jason, the names were changed in the factory in Taiwan, to fill the orders from the 2 major dealers that handled them. I do not know how many were one on the other, and if I did know, or remember the names of the Importing Dealers, it wouldn't matter anyway.

The battery box covers and the Whizzer name sanded off, and the tank decals applied, serial numbers registered as which-ever name was applied, the onlt other difference was that the Clones came in different (and actually nice) colors.

At this point, it is what is is, but, as I stated before, not Legally a Whizzer, even tho it is actully one.

Mike